Bs As life

A brief post this week. I'm just back from my first Argentine football match, local team Argentinos Juniors (currently 17th in the table) v Racing. Argentinos won 2-0, although the crowd were generally more exciting than the match!

I've been having quite a 'typical' Buenos Aires few days: today football; yesterday I went shopping, (finally bought that futon); and on Friday I had my first horse-riding class at the very swish riding club of Buenos Aires. Not that many porteños (Buenos Aireans) can afford riding lessons, but horses and horsemanship are very much part of the national identity.

This evening I'm busy working on a paper for tomorrow. Keeping up with the reading for my classes is taking a long time, but it can only speed up with practise!

More next week.

Comments

most viewed